- Grind meat through 3/8 plate.
- Add Seasoning and Cure and mix thoroughly.
- Regrind through 1/8 plate.
- Add Water and mix again.
- Stuff into 24/26 casings.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat smoker to 130 degrees.
- Hang wieners on smoke sticks (do not have any pieces touching).
- Insert temperature probe to center of one link.
- Run with dampers wide open for 1 hour (this is the drying time).
- Place 1/4 pan of moistened sawdust on burner and increase temperature to 190 degrees.
- Set top damper 1/8 open, bottom damper 3/4 open.
- Cook until you reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees. (This should take about 2-2.5 hours after drying).
- This Immediately place in a cold water bath 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 100-110 degrees.
Dry at room temperature