- Grind beef through 1/8″ plate and add to pork, seasoning and cure.
- Mix well and regrind through 1/8″ plate.
- Mix well, kneading in enough water to make product workable.
- Stuff into 22/24 sheep casings or small artificial casing.
- Place in refrigerator or cooler for 24 hours.
- Cold smoke at about 110-120 degrees for 6-8 hours with smoke.
- Raise smoke house temperature to 140 degrees for 1/2 hour.
- Raise smoke house temperature to 170 degrees for 1/2 hour.
- Raise smoke house temperature to 190 degrees for 1/2 hour or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Chill – product ready for sale.
For BBQ Snack Sticks add 3/4# – 1# of NW Smokehouse BBQ #G20847 to above recipe.
For Jalapeno Snack Sticks add 1/4 of one) #10 size can of sliced jalapeno peppers, pour off all but 1/8 of the juice first.
For Cheese Snack Sticks add 10-15% high temperature cheese, use Hot Pepper, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or American.