- Grind meat through 3/8″ plate.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and regrind throught 1/4″ or 3/16″ plate.
- Mix again until product is well bound (tough & sticky).
- Stuff firmly into fibrous casings and hang overnight in cooler.
- Place in smokehouse and set controls at 160 degrees for first 1/2 hour.
- Raise to 180 degrees for the next hour.
- Raise to 200 degrees until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Hold at this temperature for 1/2 hour.
- Remove from smokehouse and chill in cold water to internal temperature of 110 degrees.
- Hang at room temperature to dry.
- Place in cooler and chill 12 hours.
- Ready for sale.
For Cheese Salami or Summer Sausage add 10-15% high temperature cheese, use Hot Pepper, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or American.
For Jalapeno Salami or Summer Sausage add 1 #10 can of sliced jalapeno peppers, pour off all but 1/2 of the juice first.