- Grind meat through 3/8″ plate.
- Mix meat, seasoning and cure for 3-5 minutes, gradually work in the water.
- Regrind through 3/16″ plate.
- Stuff into Casings. Tie off casings and place into a 38-40 degree cooler for 24 hours.
- Place in smokehouse with the drafts wide open. Hold at 130 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until the surface is dry.
- Partially close the dampers and raise the temperature to 150 degrees F, applying the smoke at the same time.
- After 1 hour, bring temperature to 165 degrees F and hold until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155 degrees F.
- Remove from the smoker and place under shower until you bring down the internal temperature of the meat to approximately 90 – 110 degrees F.
- Place in cooler, or drying room (if a drier product is desired).